Have you already taken one of our Get $mart classes? If so, please take our survey! Follow the instructions at the end of the survey to be entered to win a Kindle Fire!
The grant that provides Get $mart workshops is ending, but thanks to the support of The Bishop Foundation, the workshops will continue! The new program will be called FITT (Finding Independence Through Technology) and will provide workshops focused on job-searching and technology. The schedule will continue to be updated here.
View the video from our event marking the culmination of the Get $mart/FINRA grant and our transition to FITT with the support of The Bishop Foundation!
Computer and Get $mart Financial Workshops:
Cut the Cord
You can save so much money by eliminating traditional cable services. Streaming services are the modern way to watch the programs you want at a lower cost, but the choices can be overwhelming. We’ll sort out what you’ll need to know to “cut the cord” and your household budget will thank you!
- Mar. 14 at 6PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Apr. 4 at 6:30 p.m. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Apr. 13 at 6:30PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
- Apr. 18 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
- Apr. 20 at 6:30PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Learn about composition, lighting, resolution, file formats, and organizing/storing your photos.
- Mar. 29 at 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Google Drive offers free programs comparable to purchasing Microsoft Office & it allows you to store your files for free so you can access them from any computer or device. Users can share projects with others to streamline work as users collaborate. We’ll check out the benefits of each Google Drive program available including managing a household budget in Sheets, writing resumes in Docs, and designing your own invitations in Slides.
- Apr. 10 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
- Apr. 11 at 6:30PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Internet & eMail
Learn to navigate the internet, conduct safe and meaningful searches, online safety and identity protection tips, and set up a free email account. Pre-requisite: mouse and keyboard skills.
- Jan. 31 at 1-3PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624
- Feb. 15 at 1-3PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624
- Mar. 16 at 10AM at Lebanon Community Library: 717-273-7624.
- Apr. 27 at 1-3PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Intro to Excel Parts 1&2
This two-part Excel class will teach you basics, including worksheets, cells, columns, formatting, and more. Participants will learn these skills while creating a practical budget. All participants receive a flash drive to save and keep their files.
- Mar. 11 & 18 at 10AM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Apr. 5 & 12 at 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Intro to Word Parts 1&2
Learn about creating and saving documents, formatting text, and other word processing basics. Students will have hands-on experience creating a resume.
- Mar. 15 & 22 at 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Is This Thing On?
Beginner’s class covers basics including mouse, keyboard, Windows, files, and computer components.
- Mar. 2 at 10AM at Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Mar. 8 at 1PM at Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Photo Editing Featuring PicMonkey
Learn how to use free photo editing tools to get ahead without breaking the bank! Bring your laptop to edit your photos and make your images more powerful! Learn differences between free and paid versions of PicMonkey and how to evaluate your needs.
- Feb. 22 at 6:30PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Mar. 21 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
- Mar. 28 at 6PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Apr. 6 at 6:30PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Thrift Store Bargain Shopping
Learn techniques to become a more effective bargain shopper.
- Mar. 13 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
Online Class – Internet Safety: Protecting Your Financial Transactions
Our monthly featured sessions will only take about 5-10 minutes of your time. This month, get the low down on internet safety when banking & shopping online. When it comes to your money, you want to make sure your transactions are safe! CLICK HERE to BEGIN!
MONEY FUN!PLAY MONEYTOPIA! Your goal is to successfully manage your money throughout life, until you achieve your Big Dream. To win, keep careful track of your finances, pay your bills on time, and take care of all the little day-to-day things that can impact your finances.
The FINRA Investor Education Foundation web site has tools and resources to help you with your finances.
Learn how to control spending, get rid of debt, create an emergency financial fund, save for college or retirement, learn how to invest safely, and much more.
This program is made possible by a grant from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation through
Smart investing@your library ®, a partnership with the American Library Association.”