The Library System of Lebanon County (LSLC) is made up of six independent public libraries serving the information needs of Lebanon county residents.
LSLC provides the means for the six libraries to share resources. These shared resources include: online catalog system, technology support, and ebook lending.
It is our belief that access to free information increases knowledge, supports the school system, provides a resource for lifelong learning, strengthens the community and improves lives. We invite you to visit the library closest to you!
Lebanon Community Library
Part-time customer service position. Associates degree or higher preferred; high school diploma required. Some computer experience, flexible availability (Fridays and Saturdays plus some evenings required), a positive attitude, and a genuine desire to help others are required. The successful candidate will pass all PA required clearances (criminal, child abuse, FBI). Send resume to Director, Lebanon Community Library, 125 N. 7th St., Lebanon, PA 17046 or email@example.com.
Myerstown Community Library
Position: Library Technical Assistant
Hours of Work: Part-time 15 hours per week – evenings and every other Saturday
Primary Function: Performs essential clerical duties for library technical services, website maintenance, social media posts and circulation clerk duties
Qualifications, Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- One year clerical experience in library functions or three years general clerical experience
- Working knowledge of WordPress websites
- Ability to learn new skills
- This position requires a person to be physically capable of moving books and materials throughout the library; standing for extended periods, placing materials on carts, pushing carts, shelving and retrieving materials on high and low shelves.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and public
- Process all Interlibrary Loans through the computer and maintain all files/reports related to interlibrary loans
- Notify patrons of ILL for pickup
- Maintains library website
- Creates and manages social media platforms following Library’s Social Media Policy
- Performs duties of Circulation Clerk as assigned
Interested individuals should send resume and cover letter to Amy Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org No calls please. $12 an hour.
The Myerstown Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. The library complies with all regulations mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act.