These classes are made possible by a grant from the Bishop Foundation. Visit www.lclibs.org/fitt for more info.
*NEW* Buying & Selling in Facebook Marketplace (with instructor Jeremy P.)
Bring your own device and learn how to start buying and selling in the Marketplace section of Facebook. Call to register.
- Sat., 10/6 at 10AM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Spotted Lanternfly: Stopping the Invasion (with the Penn State Master Gardeners)
The spotted lanternfly is an invasive pest that threatens the grape, tree fruit, and lumber industries, as well as home landscapes. Learn how to protect your property. Call to register.
- Sat., 10/6 at 10AM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
- Sat., 10/20 at 10AM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Homeschool & Cyber School- What Should I Know? Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Stacy F.)
In Part 1, we’ll discuss why people may choose to home educate and debunk myths. In Part 2, we’ll talk about laws and minimum requirements for both homeschooling and cyber school, along with benefits and drawbacks to both approaches. Current homeschooling families are welcome to attend! Call to register.
- Mon., 10/22 & 10/29 at 6PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
Homesteading: Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Lisa B.)
In Part 1, attendees will learn factors to consider when growing & preserving your own food and raising animals. In Part 2, you’ll learn about helpful resources. Lisa will also share her successes and humorous moments of homesteading on a 5 acre farmette. Call to register.
- Part 2- Sat., 10/13 at 10AM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Facebook for Seniors: Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Michelle G.)
In Part 1, participants will learn the basics of Facebook. In Part 2, participants will create their Facebook accounts, using their own smartphone or other device. Security features will also be discussed that users can setup to safeguard their accounts. Call the library to register.
- Part 2- Thurs., 10/11 at 1PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Thurs., 10/25 & 11/1 at 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Bring your device and receive one-on-one assistance with completing an online job application, using your smartphone, setting up an email account, and more! Call the host library to register for your half-hour session.
- Every Monday at 10AM-2PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624. (with Keith W.)
- Tues., 10/16 at 3PM-7PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347. (with Michelle G.)
Upcycling Tips & Tricks (with instructor Jandi G.)
We’ll talk about local resources available to help you repurpose flea market finds into useful home decor. Participants will complete an activity, and we’ll learn about the instructor’s favorite upcycling tips. Space is limited; call to register.
- Tues., 10/23 at 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Windows 10 Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Robert Y.)
We’ll review new features in Windows 10 versus earlier Operating Systems Windows 7 and 8. Participants may wish to bring their own laptop to receive answers to specific questions. Call to register.
- Thurs., 10/18 & 10/25 at 6PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.